- Coordinate William & Mary’s social media presences which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube.
- Lead W&M’s Social Media User’s Group
- Technical lead for Creative Services’ iOS and Android application development, including the Dress the Griffin app.
Software Engineer, November 2008 to May 2010 Solertium Corporation, Williamsburg, VA
- Utilized Web 2.0 technologies to create and maintain dynamic websites for general and e-commerce customers using our in-house developed Java-based Content Management System, GoGoEgo.
- Coordinated with clients and designers to develop new websites. Examples include the Blue Talon Bistro, the Fat Canary, Unity Business Systems, and Tribe Club.
- Maintained and added new functionality to both large, high-traffic sites such as the IUCN Red List and Protect Planet Ocean as well as smaller, local-interest sites including Virginia Legacy Soccer Club.
- Extended the GoGoEgo CMS using a RESTful architecture and Google Web Toolkit (GWT) interfaces to provide useful plugins for customers.
- Utilized ASP.NET MVC architecture to create a large-scale online environmental survey for a major international organization to help combat the negative effects of climate change.
Software Engineer, January 2006 to October 2008 SIPeerior Technologies, Inc, Williamsburg, VA
- Key member of development team producing next generation Voice Over IP software utilizing Peer-to-Peer technology.
- Implemented RFC 3269-bis-04, Simple Traversal of User Datagram Protocol Through Network Address Translators (STUN), and integrated the functionality into the reSIProcate stack, an open-source implementation of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Utilized the reSIProcate stack to create an interface between the low-level stack and the graphical user interface for a peer-to-peer instant messaging and voice client.
- Member of design and implementation team to create user interfaces for Windows and Mac OS X utilizing the SIPeerior common code base.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained the company website.
- Designed and implemented Adobe Flash web interfaces.
- Lead designer and developer of the Chesapeake Gateway Kiosk featured at Nauticus.
Student Web Developer, January 2005 to May 2006 Information Technology, Web and Learning Services, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
- Updated and maintained the Collegeʼs content management system (CMS) based Web Templates package, addressing user-reported issues as well as implementing new features such as dynamic forms, RSS, and podcast support.
- Designed and implemented an online calendar using PHP, SQL, CSS, and HTML.
- Redesigned William and Maryʼs Residence Life Program Database. This project included database design, database migration, implementation of administrator and user access pages, software to create and export summary reports, and a calendar application to view the schedule of programs.
Intern, May 2003 to August 2003 Progeny Systems Corporation, Manassas, VA
- Worked with the Information Assurance team to create a network monitoring, security, and data destruction program for United States Naval submarines.
College of William and Mary, Master’s Degree in Computer Science
May 2006, Williamsburg, VA
Master’s Project: Extending the Implementation of Simple Traversal of UDP through NATs (STUN)
University of Richmond, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics
May 2004, Magna cum Laude, Richmond, VA
- March, 2016 – Public Relations (& Social Media) (with Haley Gibbs, W&M Fraternity & Sorority Life Chapter Officer Development Series)
- February, 2016 – Planning for the next generation of social media (with Megan Hughes and Rob Pongsajapan, College Communicators Association of Virginia and DC Winter Conference)
- January, 2016 – Tips and tricks for successful audience engagement on social media (W&M Student Affairs Kick-Off Meeting)
- June 2015 – More than just a #: How hashtags can take your event from good to great (blog post with resources) (2015 College Communicators Association of Virginia and the District of Columbia Summer Conference)
- December, 2014 – More than just a #: How hashtags can take your event from good to great (2014 Higher Ed Social Media Conference)
- October, 2014 – More than just a #: How hashtags can take your event from good to great (2014 edUi Conference)
- April 2014 – Old School Design (pdf) (with Justin Schoonmaker, 2014 College Communicators Association of Virginia and the District of Columbia Spring Conference)
- March, 2014 – As easy as herding squirrels: Managing social media across your campus (2014 CASE Social Media & Community Conference)
- February, 2014 – Like us! Follow us! (W&M’s Greek Leadership Institute)
- December, 2013 – As easy as herding squirrels: Coordinating social media across your campus (2013 Higher Ed Social Media Conference)
- October, 2013 – Deciphering Facebook Insights (pdf) (Poster for HighEdWeb 2013)
- August, 2013 – What is Creative Services? (pdf) (W&M Residence Life Staff Conference)
- February, 2013 – Like Us! Follow Us! (W&M’s Greek Leadership Institute)
- April, 2012 – W&M’s Homepage Refresh and Responsive Web Design (Webinar with Justin Schoonmaker, for Hannon Hill)
- October 2011 – On your mark, get set, mobile (2011 HighEdWeb Conference, with Doug Gapinski from mStoner)
- December 2010 – Upwardly Mobile: Challenges and opportunities in mobile site delivery (Webinar with mStoner. Co-presented with Doug Gapinski, a creative director at mStoner, and Susan T. Evans, director of creative services at William & Mary.)
Research, Publications and Patents
- Mechanisms for role negotiation in the establishment of secure communication channels in peer-to-peer environments, James W. Deverick, Marcia Z. Bryan, Tiffany L. Broadbent
United States US 12/317,077, Issued December 17, 2008
- Understanding Concerns in Software: Insights Gained from Two Case Studies, College of William and Mary, Meghan Revelle, Tiffany Broadbent, and David Coppit, May 2005. Appeared in the Proceedings of 13th IEEE International Workshop on Program Comprehension.
- Partial Difference Sets in New Groups, University of Richmond, Tiffany Broadbent and Ed Kenney, January 2003. Presented at the Undergraduate Student Poster Session at the 2003 Joint Mathematics Meeting of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America.
- William & Mary Women’s Network, Staff Co-Chair, Executive Committee Member, 2015 – present
- William & Mary Staff Assembly, Member, 2014 – present
- Alpha Phi Omega, Advisor, 2011 – present, Nu Rho Chapter at the College of William & Mary
- Camp Kesem, Advisor, College of William & Mary
- Captain, Block & Awe, James City County Co-Ed Recreational League Volleyball, 2012 – present
- Captain, S.W.A.T., James City County Women’s Recreational League Volleyball, 2014 – present
- Higher Education Web Professionals Association
- College Communicators Association of Virginia and the District of Columbia
- Alpha Phi Omega, Life Member, Omicron Phi Chapter University of Richmond (President, Fall 2003 – Spring 2004) & Nu Rho Chapter College of William & Mary
- Golden Key National Honor Society, Member, University of Richmond
- Pi Mu Epsilon, Mathematics Honorary Society, Member, University of Richmond
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, Small Group Leader Fall 2001 – Spring 2003, University of Richmond